The repertorium of manuscripts of Byzantine law (Repertorium der Handschriften des byzantinischen Rechts) One of the major tasks of the project to investigate Byzantine legal sources established by Dieter Simon in 1974 has been to create a repertorium of Byzantine legal manuscripts. Since 1990 the project has come under auspices of the Göttingen Academy of Sciences but remains located at the Max Planck Institute for European Legal History. The first part entitled “Die Handschriften des weltlichen Rechts: (Nr. 1-327)” (The manuscripts of secular law Nos. 1-327) was published in 1995. The second part “Die älteren Handschriften des kirchlichen Rechts” (The older manuscipts of church law) will comprise two half-volumes of descriptions of around 300 manuscripts including canonical collections up to the year 1204. In order to make these descriptions (which have undergone several revisions) available to researchers now, from February 2009 onwards they will gradually be accessible via the virtual reading room of the MPIeR.